In the book by Jason R. Rich in Blogging Your Own Business, Entrepreneur Press staff and marketing experts Jason R. Rich explains how to start a profitable business as a blogger to generate revenue from advertisers, subscribers, merchandiser and more. In this edited excerpt, the author reveals the six steps you should take if you want to create and maintain a successful blog.
Here is a basic blogging strategy every professional blogger should implement to help ensure success:
1. Determine the target audience for your blog and meet the audience. The best way to build a special audience for any blog to carefully and clearly define its target audience right from the start, and then create content that serves that audience.
Focusing on a niche audience and develop appropriate content specifically for those helping to ensure there will be strong interest in the content of your blog, plus it makes it easier to promote your blog.
The more narrowly you define your target audience, the easier it will be to identify the people, meet their needs with your content, and reach them with your advertising and marketing message.
The target market or audience you have identified for your online content can be defined using one or several criteria, or a variety of demographic characteristics, such as:
- Club membership
- Geographical areas
- The level of income
- Marital status
- Sexual orientation
- Special interest
Achieving the target demographic on the web is relatively easy (much simpler than doing so using traditional advertising practices in the real world). Carefully designing your online marketing efforts to attract your target audience will help differentiate you from your competitors and pique the interest of internet users who are inherently interested in what you have to offer online content.
2. Put a unique twist on the topic of your blog and content. It is nearly impossible to brainstorm a topic completely original to blog about. By contrast, the main objectives and sustainable you need to continue to develop innovative content and put a completely unique spin on any subject that you are blogging about.
You, as a blogger, is a unique individual with your own personality. To set your blog apart, be sure to include your knowledge, voice and personality to your blog. It is one of the easiest ways to differentiate from your competitors.
You can also set your blog apart by including proprietary information, the publication of the fact that very punctual or research, or by combining your own unique experiences, ideas, perspective or expertise in any of your blog entries.
Be sure to research how bloggers and other Web site operators present the same information, and then develop innovative ways to do it better or in, attracting attention, and a memorable way more unique. You will want to keep a constant eye on what your competitors are doing, plus stay up-to-date on trends happening in the blogosphere.
Another important strategy for creating and publishing a successful blog is to develop content that is not available anywhere else in the blogosphere or on the web. Your content is unique and innovative, and the better you target your audience, the easier it will be to build a network.
3. Add new content regularly. To build and maintain a stable audience, regularly adding new content to your blog. Each new blog entry should meet the target audience for your blog, offers content that is considered valuable, and build content previously published.
For a blog to be successful, you have to stay on topic and meet the desires, needs and expectations of your target audience. This means developing a thorough understanding of who your audience is, then adjust your focus as trends and demands change from time to time.
After you set up a schedule to post new content, it is very important to maintain the schedule, so plan accordingly and do not be too ambitious. You better be a promising new content once a week then post twice or three times per week on occasion, as opposed to a promising new content daily (or several times a day) and could not leave.
4. Transform your blog into an interactive online community. Instead of focusing exclusively on publishing content, develop your blog into an interactive online community. Encourage your audience to send your feedback and comments, interact with each other, share ideas, and improve your content by adding their own information.
Be sure to enter the "Share" to each of your blog posts. Makes it very easy for readers to share your content via email, Facebook, Google+, Twitter or LinkedIn. Almost all popular blogging platform offers a widget that makes it easy to integrate the "Share" to your blog. Doing this can help you build your audience through word-of-mouth virtual.
5. Adopting a multifaceted approach to promote your blog constantly. It will take time to build an audience in the hundreds of thousands or millions. To achieve the level of success usually requires ongoing marketing, promotion and advertisement even paid. Many of the most successful bloggers in the world have relied on the mainstream media to generate publicity for their blog to help build an audience. Promote your blog on an ongoing basis is equally important to regularly add new content.
6. Keep the look of the blog, the overall design and professional content. Always convey a professional image, regardless of the subject or your audience. The look and overall design of your blog should be professional, and easy to read and understand.
Also, be sure to edit and proofread your work carefully to avoid or correct the error. spelling mistakes or grammatical errors in your blog take away from your credibility and make your blog appear amateurish.
may be useful for you